Our well known Seattle Client has an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Director of Data and Integration. Our client is looking for someone with great leadership skills who can proactively develop strategy, and implement continuous process policy, and procedural improvements. This position will help our client move toward an enterprise-wide integration and development ultimately realigning all improvements into their IT organization.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Strategy (50 %)
- Work with C-Suite leadership to define and carry out the vision for areas of responsibility to support the mission of our client
- Collaborate with all areas of ITS to ensure a single IT Vision to support the mission and vision of our client.
- Serve as a strategic liaison for healthcare IT efforts.
- Lead and foster an IT Service Management culture throughout the IT department
- Develop and oversee an annual budget in conjunction with our client's goals and objectives.
- Responsible for business relationship management.
- Serve as an engaged participant and leader within the IT strategic planning process including long-range portfolio and financial planning for clinical and business applications.
- Develop and implement appropriate levels of service delivery in collaboration with leadership peers in defining, delivering, and improving services for the enterprise.
- Assess current and future performance and needs and identifies emerging trends and technologies; assess their potential value for our client
- Develop strategies for our client's IT integration/interface/development services and provide oversight of structural implementation.
- Lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise integration/interfaces/development services.
- Understand, advocate, and support the enterprise's business and IT strategies.
- Promote business benefits and impact of the integration/interfaces/development services practice.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide integration/interface/development service decision making.
- Lead the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the individual.
- Establish priorities to plan and effectively implement ongoing improvements, to include ensuring the integrity of the mission-critical integration/interface/development service.
- Direct the definition and use of standards and specifications, for all of our clients ' IT integration/interface/development service.
- Ensure integrity and availability of systems through continuous assessment of provided services.
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of business resumption plans for supported systems.
- Identify business trends, identify relevant technologies, and implement them.
- Participate in various groups and committees to review system architecture and implementation of technological enhancements as related to integration/interface/development service.
- Develop, maintain, and promote standardized enterprise IT solutions to meet complex technical requirements.
- Act as an expert resource for systems administrators and analysts working on difficult technical issues.
- Design and document large-scale, complex enterprise IT systems and solutions.
- Develop models for understanding and assessing unit and systems costs, as spread over a complex and multi-tiered set of technology layers and components.
- Participate in requirements gathering and implementation of new IT applications specific to integration/interface/development initiatives.
- Leadership, Operations, and Communications (40%)
- lead managers in developing technology roadmaps, including effectively evaluating buy/build/lease decisions for on-premise IT infrastructure and cloud-hosted solutions.
- Provide guidelines and direction to technology staff, engaged in activities analyzing, installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting data center infrastructure systems and software, in support of our client-wide systems, ITS, and operational programs.
- Manage managers and team leaders in the planning and design of high availability 24x7 data centers, and the development of procedures to ensure optimal data center practices.
- Approve, coordinate, and execute on adjustments and changes that increase performance and availability.
- Provide ongoing review of capacity requirements in order to align with budget planning.
- Build, manage, negotiate, monitor and sustain all vendor/supplier relationships and contracts for hardware, software, connectivity, and services relevant to integration/interface/development.
- Conduct regular status reviews with IT management and vendors to ensure successful implementation and timely resolution of service issues.
- Provide advance notification of all planned system outages and set realistic expectations on availability.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with management and ITS Help Desk during all planned/unplanned outages.
- Manage procurement for support of the data system inventory and ensure effective vendor management.
- Develop and maintain departmental budget(s) and policies; direct the management and control of budget(s) and resources; provide budget estimates and forecasts
- Develop or acquire tools and processes for gathering and compiling growth data. Regularly review and evaluate data to provide growth analysis and planning, set realistic service expectations, and improve performance measuring and reporting.
- Participate in and provide advice for the annual budget development process and major equipment purchase planning.
- Help maintain and advance the lifecycle of a robust standard for key enterprise technologies.
- Oversee the development and documentation system outage procedures for disaster recovery and business continuity purposes (DR/BC).
- Oversee the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all business continuity and disaster recovery functions.
- Facilitate process improvement across the organization for key areas such as change management for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity procedures.
- Lead, organize, and positively influence a team of information professionals, which may include Managers, Technical Clinical Computing Professionals, and others, to meet the needs of the customer community.
- Instill UW Medicine and ITS vision and guiding principles to all staff. Promote an environment that is attractive to the IT employee and that facilitates the recruitment and retention of professional, technical, and support staff. This includes, but is not limited to, staff development, recognition, motivation, and communications.
- Make hiring decisions and recommendations for separations, reclassification recommendations, salary adjustment recommendations, handle complaints and grievances as well as general planning, assigning and approving the work of these positions.
- Conduct performance evaluations and measuring on a regular basis, and other standard practices, consistent with all ITS teams. Recommend reclassifications and salary adjustments.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, motivate and manage the performance of permanent, temporary, and contract staff. Mentor Managers, and other staff and provide functional and technical expertise.
- Establish and enforce technical and functional standards and ensure compliance with security and confidentiality requirements.
- Projects (10%)
- Provide technical expertise and guidance, BC/DR expertise, project management, and serve as an escalation resource for all technical needs.
- Consult and provide advice to end-users, project managers, technical staff, managers, and others on integration/interface/ development initiatives.
- Manage or lead complex technical integration/interface/development projects and systems implementations, which may involve multiple groups and their respective solution(s).
- Generate detailed work estimates and plans as required for developing new systems/planning large technical projects.
- Provide program and project leadership between clinical and business operations, information technology (IT), and other areas specific to business continuity and disaster recovery initiatives.
- Gather technology cost data, analyze data based on cost models, and identify approximate costs for proposed projects and purchases.
- Create and sustain strong processes and capabilities through the development/enhancement, deployment, and maintenance of methods, metrics, tools, training, education, and communication.
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Masters
- Cloverleaf (7 years of experience is required)
- Interface Engine Exp (10 years of experience is required)
- HCIT Experience (10 years of experience is required)
- web-based solutions exp (10 years of experience is required)
- infrastructure exp (8 years of experience is required)
- financial forecasting (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.