CALLING SOFTWARE ENGINEERS! Do you have experience with AWS, Java 8 and building out REST APIs using Java or Node!? Apply Now!
Come help build next generation content delivery databases, content services, and Rest APIs on AWS with one of the leading providers of Financial Services! You will have the opportunity to take ownership of entire features from concept to deployment and working as part of our cross-functional teams and interacting with API consumers and provide guidance on API adoptions. This opportunity will interview quickly, so apply now if you have what it takes!!
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Purpose of Your Role
We build and supply to Fidelity's digital presence. We are responsible for building a future-proof and friction-free content delivery platform, that delights customers with engaging and personalized content on any device. As a developer on Normalized content team, you will help us build the next generation content delivery database, content services, and Rest APIs on AWS. You will also interact with API consumers and provide guidance on API adoptions.
You will own entire features from concept to deployment working as part of our cross-functional teams. You'll have the opportunity to chip in ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. The Expertise We're Looking For
The Skills You Bring
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You'll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and crafting rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Ability to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask "Why" and "What if"?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Interested in cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Stay on top of Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns and love the challenge of building highly scalable systems that can support thousands of transactions/sec.
- Have an attitude of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone's job.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in significant discussions.
- strong Experience with REST API Design & Development using Java (preferred) or NodeJS
- strong Experience working in a Cloud environment using AWS
- Experience with Automation Tools/Frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Mocha, Selenium etc.)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to explore new technology stacks
- Experience with technical design and architecture and ability to use relevant algorithms, design patterns
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- AWS (1 year of experience is required)
- Java 8
- Restful API (1 year of experience is required)
- automation tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.