Designs and develops Application Data Models.
- Designs and develops Reference and "Data Warehouse" Data Models.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for separate analyses.
- Creates the process of data sheering to rid the system of old, unused or duplicate data.
- Reviews object, data models and the metadata repository; to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Ensures the consistent use of Enterprise Reference Data within the application and "Data Warehouse" data models.
- Develops and delivers long-term strategic goals for Data Architecture vision.
- Establishes processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; Identifies methods for tracking such data for quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Strategizes what the best practices are in relation to Data Security, backup, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Archiving. Ensures all strategies are in compliance with Enterprise Procedures and regulations.
- Selects/implements the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.Drives best practice in regards to Data warehouse, Business Intelligence, and Reporting technologies.
- Collaborates and works with Project Managers; addresses data related problems in regards to systems integration and compatibility.
- Documents Enterprise Data Architectures/environments in order to maintain a current and accurate view of Global data landscape.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
- This position will be working with a development project team responsible for updating and enhancing the OWG partner data-warehouse downstream from the on-prem application that is being replaced with a cloud application.
- This position will primarily be responsible for understanding the existing data warehouse, integrations, and reporting solutions, working with the business and development teams to architect, design and develop all changes required to the existing data warehouse/data model and integrations that will be required to interface with the new cloud source application.
location: Hoboken, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 63 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- 10 years of IT experience as in data modeling preferably in Dimensional modeling in finance/Insurance sector.
- Identifying the current- and future-state business processes and helping the business stakeholders envision the future.
- Analyzing business requirements, designing/modifying system processes to meet the analytical capability needs and communicating them to the rest of the application development & data warehouse team..
- Well versed with Data warehousing Concepts and its design by using Star and Snowflake Schema methodologies.
- Experience in Data modelling and application design and development offering a rich mixture of business and technical expertise in data warehousing and reporting
- Responsible for preparation of source to target mappings
- In depth working experience of Star and Snowflake schema designs
- 5 plus years of experience with Erwin Data Modeler 9.7 and later
- 8 years of in depth working experience of relational databases including Oracle 12c/19c, Oracle EBS, and Sql Server 2018
- Experience with MS Azure platform (Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce FinancialForce PSA is a plus
- In depth working experience of SQL queries for analysis and scripting
- Familiarity with Informatica 10, with API integration
- Excellent problem solving and strong communication skills required
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills
- Proven working experience as a data modeler/data architect
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Ability to work with system engineers to understand system requirements and be able to turn that into a database design.
- Ability to map data into standard data formats as input into the Informatica ETL developers as requirements.
- Determine best patterns to store and access data in line with usage of the system and transactional needs
- Working with developers, business analysts and architects to establish necessary data model to support the requirements.
- Responsible for mapping data flows from source to target systems.
- Experience with managing meta data for data models
- Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
- data architect (10 years of experience is required)
- data modeling (10 years of experience is required)
- Erwin (3 years of experience is required)
- Star Schema
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.