The Full Stack Application Developer will work closely with the Lead Architect as well as with clients i. The position will part of the shared application team and report to the Director of Applications. Developer is responsible to Design, Develop, Test, Secure and Deploy enterprise level software applications and provide operational support for any New/existing applications that are critical to business.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling applications and sites.
- Keep up to date on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to develop complex and secured web-based applications, databases and services.
- Maintain existing codebases, to troubleshoot bugs or add new features.
- Work closely with others to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, schedules and application functionality.Update documentation. such as Requirements Document, Asset Descriptions, System Architecture Document, Release Management Guide, Project Plan, Test Plan, Test Scripts as necessary.
- Perform automated and manual testing (Unit testing, ADA testing, performance testing).
- Create and maintain scripts and plans for automated testing.
- Provide maintenance and support for the legacy, custom developed, opensource applications hosted in non cloud and cloud environments.
- Perform MYSQL database administration and performance improvements of existing databases.
- Maintain professional interaction with internal & external teams, management, other organization service units, and with end users.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to department policies, guidelines and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years developing enterprise solutions in a managed development environment with PHP WEB Frameworks (LARAVEL), Java, J2EE, Spring boot, SQL, XML or similar platforms.
- Proficient with code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, CVS, and SVN
- strong knowledge of MYSQL/NoSQL/SQL.
- Experience with ETL tools.
- Experience with Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate and JSF. Unix, Linux, J2EE patterns and standards, Service Oriented Architecture. Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss.
- Experience working within Linux and Microsoft environments.
- Experience building applications in a LAMP environment.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Working in Health Care environment.
- Experience working cloud-based environments such as AWS or Azur.
- Experience working with Rapid Application Development tools.
- Experience with Web Accessibility and Web Security Vulnerabilities.
- Experience supporting Open Source applications/products.
- Familiar with SOAP, Rest APIs.
- Experience maintaining operational confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Familiar with SCRUM and AGILE methodologies.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.