- Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organization.
- Researches information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications to fill any gaps.
- Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation including design documents, programmer notes and system overviews.
- Requires knowledge of company product lines and document structure.
- Depending on the industry/work environment, such documents may include various media, including written and video. Responsibilities include maintenance of internal documentation library, providing and/or coordinating special documentation services as required, and oversight of special projects.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills and excellent writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has at least 4-7 years of business or technical writing experience and working knowledge of multiple software and graphics packages.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of IT documentation.
- Translates technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Works with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Support to produce a wide variety of technical publications including instructional materials, technical manuals, product documentation and the like for use by both the IT and business community.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.