This is an amazing opportunity to work for an enterprise environment as a project manager. In this role, you will be responsible for leading teams to deliver project, and you will work with mutiple business units. You will be responsible for managing project resources, schedule, issues and risks, status communications, and quality. Part of your rsponsibilities will include: Produce and manage the following project deliverables, Project Planning, charter, definition of high-level deliverables, fast delivery approach, managing risks, scope, vendor management, project kick off meetings etc. You will need to be skilled in Project Schedule and MS Project or Clarizen. . Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study preferred. Requires 5+ years of technology project management experience in a complex environment. PMP certification to demonstrate extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques. Experience in SDLC / Waterfall. Experience reporting progress using PPM tools (eg. Clarity, Planview, Clarizen)
location: Madison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- clear definition of high-level deliverables
- fast delivery approach (phases)
- definition of team (arci)
- specific dependencies / risks, assumptions and constraints
- balance scope, resources and time to set realistic expectations
- Vendor contract if applicable
- Project Kick off meeting
- Clarizen record that accurately represents required fields
- Project Schedule in MS Project or Clarizen:
- max two-week duration on tasks
- start and end dates
- responsible resource(s)
- dependency / predecessor relationships
- Issue and Risk register.
- Drive team to complete tasks by agreed upon dates. Escalate delays as needed.
- Update issues and risks, including tracking of response actions.
- Update Schedule and Status Report every two weeks. Share Status Report with team, ideally in meeting.
- Prevent scope creep via change control.
- Ensure no surprises via transparent status updates.
- Provide update to sponsor monthly in an individual or steering committee meeting.
Move at a pace that exemplifies a sense of urgency and drives deliverables in an expedited manner.
Effectively maintain project documentation in designated repository in accordance with standard procedure.
Take responsibility / ownership for project results.
Communicate effectively to project team, leadership and stakeholders.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Management (3 years of experience is required)
- MS Project (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.