job summary: Mainframe Performance Tester (
Richardson TX, Chandler AZ and Charlotte NC)
5+ years MVS and JES2 mainframe experience
Experience with 3270 emulation performance testing
CICS and/or IMS online applications
Familiarity with VSAM,DB2,JCL,COBOL,CICS,QMF and SPUFI .
Load Runner and other performance testing tools
Scripting and execution of performance testing scripts with 3270 emulation
MQ knowledge, reading the queues, identifying errors
Data modification tool experience (ie SAS)
IMS online troubleshooting tools
Basic knowledge of capacity planning requirements for online systems (MIPS, transaction
rates, CPU consumption and response times)
Domain knowledge of banking and financial applications
Prior experience of working with globally distributed teams
Bachelors' degree in Computer or equivalent professional experience
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $55.00 - 60.58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
Deep understanding of the software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, defect tracking and reporting).
- strong knowledge of tools such as HP ALM/Quality Center, TPNS (Tele processing Network Simulator), JIRA, Rally.
- Key contributor in creation, development and management of systems engineering activities.
- Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals.
- Supervises, guides and provides technical support and training to the engineering staff and assists the
- Tech Mgr in the review and evaluation of the work of the staff, planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the section and in the development of the overall project plans and timetables.
- Hands on working experience on Mainframe environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills interact across all levels from junior members to senior management
- Create and execute SQL scripts.
- Willingness to train/coach/mentor junior resources and interact with Senior Management.
- Adaptive, flexible and comfortable working in a matrix environment as a Sr. team member or an individual contributor
- Expert in test planning and management of testing effort. (i.e. requirements reviews, planning, execution and identifying defects in the application to maintain quality)
- Experience in developing, and executing test cases, test status and test result documents.
- Expert in the ability to evaluate and report test results.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- JES2 (4 years of experience is preferred)
- MAINFRAME CONSULTANT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.