Private to Public Cloud SME Needed
The Cloud Technical Architect is responsible for overseeing the configuration and infrastructure-as-code across the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) which supports the Oracle financial platforms. The platforms running on OCI include 2 large Oracle E-Business (EBS) implementations, Revenue Management & Billing (RMB), OBIEE, and a reporting replica.
The position is accountable for: defining the OCI infrastructure direction and overseeing the infrastructure development. The Cloud Technical Architect works in concert with the application delivery teams and production operations team to ensure that application and infrastructure decisions and projects are aligned. This role requires a thorough understanding of infrastructure and development processes and an in-depth understanding of the organization's technology portfolio and capabilities, as well as external options. The Cloud Technical Architect ensures the reliability, scalability, and consistency of the overall suite of financial platforms by leading technical staff, both employees and consultants, in the design, development, and delivery of technical solutions.
If interested in learning more please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Drive the strategic roadmap for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure including driving the decisions on architectural components and setting the overall direction and priorities for the OCI team in partnership with Financial Platform Application delivery teams
- Lead the development of OCI solutions to meet the complex demands of the Oracle delivery teams while ensuring the highest levels of system reliability
- Understand and provide input and guidance on OCI Budget and team resources
- Ensure that the OCI delivery teams operates according to the CAFÉ (i.e., scaled agile) principles
- Break OCI features into stories to be consumed by the OCI delivery teams
- Define and promote technology policies, practices and decisions which recognize the current and evolving needs of all stakeholders
- Drive consistency and automation through the implementation of SDLC tools (e.g., Ansible, FlexDeploy)
- Drive best practice decisions on coding, performance tuning and integration
- Drive best practice decisions on architecture and automation with the mindset to improve operational efficiencies of the solution and the team.
- Partner with the other financial platform delivery teams to manage rollout schedules and technology releases ensuring business needs are supported in all phases throughout the process
- Reviews, coordinates, and provides leadership to the work of senior professionals
- Translates the department's objectives into cloud goals and activities
- Displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of management
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Azure (5 years of experience is preferred)
- AWS (5 years of experience is preferred)
- ORACLE FINANCE
- Software Architecture
- oracle cloud
- OCI (5 years of experience is required)
- Automation elasticity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.