As a WiFi Enigneer, you will play a critical role in the implementation and design of hardware and software for our large technology and telecommunications client. Essential Functions:
- Product and device testing and defect validation for consumer use of products
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of 802.11ac standards and specs
- IoT testing (Zigbee, Bluetooth, Thread, etc.)
- Inter-Op testing(CE, CPE, etc.)
- Rate vs orientation, Rate vs. Range, etc.
- Automation Development
- Chambers (RF/ Isolation), Octoscope, Ixia
- Traffic Generators( iGen, Ixia Chariot, iPerf, etc.)
- Enhanced WiFi feature testing
- Need for a product lead who has the ability to present and communicate test data (written and verbally) to exec level management
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead the projects and present them to upper level mgmt.
- Create test lab or customer environment for trouble shooting any issues that may occur in a lab or customer home.
- Understands the data/ results and can interpret the data - communicate them well.
- Able to pars raw WiFi traffic data during trouble-shooting and validation efforts
- Testing and defect validation (preferably IoT / home products)
- Triage and trouble-shooting Wi-Fi enabled Gateways connected to XH
- Wi-Fi functionality and Performance
- Sanity and Regression testing
- Defects validations
- New Wi-Fi features validations
- Analysis and reporting of test results
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $37 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems. Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 3-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Test Engineer
- Network Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.