The Senior Database Analyst/Designer will work on the Data Cleanup and Standardization project in Dorchester, MA. Goal of the project is to consolidate the data from multiple data sources on multiple platforms into one single SQL Server instance which will become the Operational Datastore (ODS) . This project is part of a larger program to modernize all the IT environment.
The Senior Database Analyst/Designer will work closely with the IT Application Manager, ETL Developer/s and a Senior IT Project Manager as well as a Business Analysts to analyze and document the current data sources and generate work instructions for the ETL Developer/s.
location: Dorchester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Create and maintain an inventory of all data sources in use
- Create and maintain a data dictionary for all data sources
- Design data/table structure on a staging environment
- Translate business rules and requirements into design specifications for data standardization, normalization/de-normalization, access security...
- Create a data model and Data Dictionary for all data domains/entities (Birth, Death, Fetal Death, Marriage, Divorce, Providers, Morgues....) on the ODS
- Translate requirements and business rules into instructions for ETL programmer and SQL developers to write the transition scripts
- Write test plans and acceptance criteria
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or equivalent work
- Proven track record of designing and implementing complex and large scale Enterprise Databases
- +10 years of
- designing relational database
- creating conceptual, logical and physical data models
- documenting databases using Entity Relationship Models and Data Dictionaries
- writing SQL scripts
- working in a software development environment
- Deep understanding of database concepts, data domain concepts, security concepts, Normal Forms, Data Warehousing...
- Eliciting and writing requirements, design specifications and work instructions for developers
- strong Project Management and leadership skills
- Working through ambiguity
- Communicating clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- CDMP or similar certification
- Hands on experience with ETL tools and processes
- Familiarity with AWS hosting
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience working with PHI
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.