Our client is looking to add a tenured SQL DBA to their fast paced organization to help support migrations and deployments. You will be responsible for database administration, installation, cloning, performance, backup/recovery and troubleshooting of MSSQL 2012-2019. Please carefully read the job description and responsibilities below and if you feel as though you are the right fit, apply today!
location: PLANO, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Database administration, installation, cloning, performance, backup/recovery and troubleshooting and tuning is required. MSSQL 2012-2019
- Using Azure or other cloud computing is required.
- Azure SQL performance/monitoring/migration/DBA functions...backups/restores/manged instances.
- Supporting Azure SQL deployment on VM's and Servers in Azure Cloud
- Supporting SQL Databases in an IaaS environment
- Cluster/Always on / replication / Mirroring /Log shipping.
- Automating maintenance across multiple servers.
- Writing T-SQL and PowerShell scripts.
- Providing outstanding customer support for both internal and external customers including solution architects, customer support, product owners, project managers, developers, business analysts and testers.
- Willing to be on call for emergency production issues 24X7 providing primary support for mission critical applications.
- Monitors databases and implements changes assuring performance, stability, reliability & availability of database systems.
- Defines and implements access & security controls to protect corporate data and database systems availability.
- Provides support to meet objectives of development and testing.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and drive resolution of incidents
- Work closely with internal technical teams during incident resolution and root cause analysis.
- Coordinate interaction with vendors, creating service requests and escalating as needed to ensure timely resolution.
- Provide problem management and resolution for repeat issues.
- Make recommendations and contribute to the design and development of long-term solutions
- Respond to inquiries from business partners related to performance, application errors, storage capacity, etc.
- Participate in new system builds, create databases, schemas and deploy standard jobs and monitoring.
- Administer User Permissions, logins.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SQL Server DBA (7 years of experience is required)
- Azure (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.