Lab Management engineering team requires a Lab Support Installation Tech. to provide installation services in support of the ongoing R&D activities. The primary responsibility of the lab support Installation role is to provide installation services supporting all customers (HW & SW design, Verification, Product Support..etc) of the Ciena labs. Installation support includes all aspects of installation of industrial Telecommunications equipment. Installation, termination and energizing of DC power cabling. Installation Termination and testing of communications cabling. Installation termination and cleaning of fiber optics cables. Duties of his position include Physical installation of frames and shelves. This requires the candidate be physically capable of lifting of heavy equipmen
location: SAN JOSE, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide installation services originating from the Lab Planners and other Senior Team members. Requests will vary but in general should fall into one of the following categories. A clear understanding of these types of issues is required
- Operational changes or services requests which include minor alterations of existing systems
- Marking and drilling frame locations for anchoring frames securely and safely
- Working with DC power from Breaker distribution panels to the equipment under test. Including installation of breaker panels which meet the required specifications of the equipment to be installed.
- Installation of various Communications cables including Ethernet cable, Fiber Optical cable, Coax, BIX and all associated connectors for these cable types.
- Detailed Labeling and record keeping for all cabling/equipment installed
- Ensure the lab is in alignment with all Health and Safety regulations and company guidelines
- Maintain accurate records of specific details of all support requests
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.