job summary: Description:
- The IT Support Technician Assc (Service Desk) will perform, under direct supervision and under clearly defined procedures, courteous, sympathetic and empathetic customer service to client's employees, handling basic level reported problems, providing status on existing problems, and providing functional assistance utilizing multiple tools and platforms.
- Also assists with special projects, research solutions to basic level problems, updates and reviews data in the knowledge base, and provides best effort assistance when a specific solution to a problem is not available.
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 18 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
responsibilities: Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
Minimum Requirements: Education:
- Answers basic level calls and creates and/or updates trouble tickets or service requests for all client calls, emails and user created tickets - documenting all activities completely and accurately in the ticket.
- Troubleshoots simple support issues and provides timely resolution.
- Obtains assistance with, or escalates, complex problems to more senior support technicians for resolution.
- Assists in the implementation of enhancements, updates, software installation and system configuration to ensure equipment is functioning properly for client users.
- Assists in keeping users informed of changes to technology, policies and procedures on a timely basis.
- Maintains a targeted cadence during support calls by utilizing available tools effectively, asking clarifying and guiding questions of the client, and effectively using available training and support documentation.
- Assists in creating and/or updating appropriate support documentation for the benefit of the team.
- Escalates process issues and/or dissatisfied client concerns to supervisor.
Associate Degree in Computer Science, technical or related field; OR High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of related experience. Experience:
No additional experience required; entry-level. Additional Requirements:
- Prior experience in a Help Desk or other customer focused technical support environment.
- Excellent phone etiquette and written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service driven, detail oriented team player.
- Trouble-shooting and analytical skills with strong first call resolution ability.
- Working knowledge of networks, particularly Ethernet topology and TCP/IP protocols.
- Comfortable working with mainframe sessions.
- Ability to walk the client through Windows operating system configuration and installation problems such as installing printers and other peripheral drivers and remote access networking.
- Ability to support the following applications and operating systems: Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Internet Explorer v 8.0 or above, and McAfee anti-virus.
- Ability to type and talk simultaneously.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and customer service at an acceptable level.
- Ability to stay self-motivated.
- Ability to learn and retain new information quickly.
- Ability and willingness to adapt in a diverse, fast paced, constantly changing support environment.
- Ability to meet departmental attendance requirements.
- Ability to meet IT metrics goalls.
- Shift Availability Service Desk technician is a 24 x 7 position.
- Working hours will be based on what shift is open and available at the time.
- Working start and end hours are subject to change as business needs dictate.
- Most work shifts are during normal business hours and will be assigned in 8 hour increments.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.