job summary: Description:
Client is excited about our upcoming work with the Federal law enforcement agency supporting the development and maintenance of their applications and infrastructure. We are seeking a Java Software Developer in Fairfax, VA. Skills:
- Develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations under direct supervision.
- Interface with team leads, project managers and customers to solicit and document development requirements.
- Develop and unit test user interface components using test driven development principals.
- Work on organizing components into epics, user stories and tasks with the ability to deliver independent small modules.
- Review and recommend best practices in design development and implementation.
- Maintain deliverable schedules.
- Generate operations and system design documentation.
- Generate weekly status reports.
- Good understanding of Federal security frameworks such as FISMA, NIST, STIG, ATO
- Bachelor of Science degree from accredited university/college and 4-8 years of prior relevant software development experience, OR Masters degree from accredited university/college with 2-6 years of prior relevant software development experience.
- Must be proficient in Java (minimum 2 years).
- Must possess current Secret clearance.
location: Germantown, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 56 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The developer will be responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. In addition to the core Java technical skills candidates must be familiar with current technology trends such as SecDevOps, Containerization, Microservice architecture, cloud technologies and agile development. Further successful candidates should feel comfortable working on both Linux and Windows development environments. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as documentation skills and perform with minimal supervision.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- JAVA DEVELOPER
- Secret Clearance (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.