Exciting REMOTE position working on the latest technologies with a 25-year old company who holds an Advanced Technology of AWS partnership (well architected solutions). Come work on the early stages of a move to all microservices platform with no servers. Salary growth potential commensurate with professional growth. Apply now!
location: Tallahassee, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
: The Platform Engineer is responsible for administering and maintaining current state enterprise infrastructure resources and platform level operations. This position is a member of the product development team and is focused on providing reliable, scalable, compliant solutions as it relates to AWS cloud infrastructure and best practices, in the form of reusable, codified, scripted or automated components. A successful Platform Engineer has experience defining and building enterprise cloud infrastructure using traditional development practices and can apply these techniques to solve systems/platform related problems. Additionally, this position supports the promotion of a DevOps culture and its associated practices. Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing coding assignments related to reusable platform components for consumption by Application Developers, to promote and codify platform/infrastructure architectural best practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting current cloud posture and platform resources.
- Assist in researching and applying new cloud technologies
- Document solutions and techniques, ensuring information is available to the team through technical notes and the internal knowledge base.
- Participate in on-call rotation to triage tier 3 platform/infrastructure incidents.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Amazon ElastiCache
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon S3
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon ElasticSearch
- Amazon ECR
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon ELB
- Amazon EFS
- Amazon SQS
- Amazon SWF
- Amazon Lambda
- Linux System Admin
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.