Our Northern VA client is seeking a skilled IT Professional to serve in a hybrid System Administrator/Desktop Engineer role. This is a full time direct hire role to support 2 clients so 25% travel between locations in Northern VA is required. The successful candidate will Work to assist staff to resolve technical issues and provide courteous and knowledgeable assistance with questions to internal staff.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $82,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Job Title: Systems Administrator - Level 1
Job Location: Arlington, VA - Remote available certain days
- Work to assist staff to resolve technical issues and provide courteous and knowledgeable assistance with questions.
- Provide 1st level support for the staff including research and resolution for technical problems. Serve as the primary contact for solving, assigning, and escalating tickets to 2nd tier support as needed.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair technical infrastructure including: desktop hardware, operation systems, applications and office systems.
- Serve as the first line of support for all employee information technology support issues and work with available resources, hardware and software vendors to provide effective solutions - break/fix and problem resolution.
- Deploy software, operating systems and updates to computers and servers as necessary.
- Manage backup and restore services to ensure that corporate data and systems are recoverable in case of failure.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Safeguard the company's operating data through security administration and data backups.
- Perform software and system deployment using managed deployment software.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Respond to help desk tickets, telephone calls, and e-mail and personnel requests for technical support.
- Track and monitor problems to insure a timely resolution.
- Manage user systems, applications and office productivity appliances: maintain repair or upgrade desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines; maintain and support Windows desktop and applications (MS Office Suite); install vendor critical and security patches and updates.
- Provide support for all user IT support issues and work with available resources, hardware and software vendors to provide effective solutions, break/fix and problem resolution.
- Serve as the IT Liaison to external partners, software and hardware vendors for problem resolution, information gathering, system upgrades and maintenance.
- Establish, enforce and monitor policies and procedures to ensure appropriate usage of information systems.
- Develop and maintain desktop support procedures, and prepare end-user documentation.
- Manage infrastructure assets: vendor support agreements, software licenses and keys, hardware leases, service contracts, asset inventory and labeling.
- Evaluate, design and implement new systems (software and hardware) to increase productivity, enhance business operations and services, and reduce manual or paper processes.
- Perform research and makes recommendations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) required.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate required.
- Ability to deploy software and operating systems using Intune required.
- Ability to perform backup and recovery services using various Microsoft technologies.
- At least 3 years' experience administering a Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 environment.
- At least 3 years administering a Microsoft Hyper-V virtualized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in using, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows computer platforms in an active directory environment.
- Enhanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows 10, Microsoft Active Directory, TCP/IP Protocols, and Group Policies.
- Ability to lift and carry computers, monitors, servers and printers.
- Working knowledge of LAN/Wireless hardware and administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Highly responsible and dependable.
- Ability to work well with various people ranging from staff to directors.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- System Admin
- Microsoft Certifi*
- Active directory
- Systems Analysis
- azure (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Intune (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.