Our enterprise client has an immediate opening for an experienced Server Engineer with their Bachelor's Degree.
The Server Engineer will be responsible for managing system security and compliance for Windows Server, Linux, IIS, SQL. Additional responsibilities include automation, reporting, overseeing patch management and configuration management solutions.
location: Woodbridge, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Job Description
- Manage production and pre-production technology systems in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Automate repetitive tasks including system builds, configuration and application installation processes.
- Manage and support infrastructure applications including BigFix, Tripwire CCM, Microsoft SCOM, vCenter Server, Active Directory including replication, Sites & Services, FSMO roles, GPOs, web services, SQL server databases, and many other infrastructure applications and services.
- Implement and maintain server security settings, report on deviations and remediate.
- Provide excellent technical support.
- Architect solutions and work them through analysis and implementation.
- This position often requires off-hours activity and support. This includes working on items that can only be performed after 9 PM ET on weeknights or weekends. At times, this requires physically being in the office after normal hours.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation, every 7 weeks.
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Tripwire CCM
- Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- SQL Server
- SharePoint Online
- One Drive
- Exchange Online
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- System Admin*
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.