The Sr. Project Manager position will be an IT Project Manager role responsible for managing all project activities (from Project Initiation through Close) for delivering multiple projects. The primary projects under management will be 1) to upgrade the Oracle Database for the company's Oracle EBS system and 2) Upgrade/Replace the existing Single-Sign-On solution. The Project Manager is a senior resource leading project(s) that include project annual spend in the range of $1-$10M and is accountable for end-to-end project delivery. The Sr. Project Manager leads a matrixed team of project work stream leads, technical leads, architects, functional leads and delivery partners within a project or projects. Overall responsible for the project(s)' health and success. The candidate will be fully accountable for successful project delivery and responsible for the overall planning, management and execution for the project.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lead moderate to complex projects and/or programs.
- Develop and execute overall program schedule and program management plan.
- Monitor, challenge and ensure predictable delivery of projects/programs - driving accountability of work stream owners and enabling escalation of risks and issues that require assistance or attention.
- Monitor resources, either internal from associated IT Department or external are committed to meet project/program needs.
- Ensure projects/programs are delivered according to committed scope, approved budget and targeted dates.
- Ensure high level of quality in solutions is delivered.
- Lead various program governance meetings including routine core team / program office meetings as well as escalation, steering and sponsor reviews.
- Facilitate critical project/program reviews.
- Ensure all aspects of the program's success are contemplated and addressed.
- Enable and enhance communications between matrixed IT and business teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Manager
- IT Project Manager
- Technical Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.