Are you a Mid-level SQL server Developer looking for a new career home with room for growth and advancement? Do you have a desire to be an intregal player on a great development team?Do you want to work on developing applications to assist one of North Americas largest transportation and supply chain providers in becoming more agile and even more successful? If this sounds like you, look no further as this opportunity awaits!
location: Troy, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and develop enterprise-level software programs.
- Maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Test the application using various testing strategies like Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Smoke Testing to ensure everything works before handing off build to the QA Team. Support defect resolution from user and QA testing.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for Severity 1 issues, per duty roster with a root-cause/corrective action mindset. Manage Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Severity 2 and 3 support tickets.
- Work with Product Owner to groom backlogs and provide capability.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop, document, and maintain technical specifications and design documentation; including but not limited to solution diagrams, flowcharts, checklists, migration plans, and core solution documentation for posterity.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers and peers to achieve resolution to outstanding problems and/or issues.
- Monitor application health by establishing dashboards and alerts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to collect information, detect patterns, brainstorm, interpret data, integrate new information, and theorize to problem solve and make decisions
- Have a command of computer languages to write and update computer programs, including the ability to debug and test programs
- Ability to be comfortable and effective with issues that lack clarity, structure or certainty
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to document and maintain technical specifications
- Possess a high degree of initiative
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- TSQL (6 years of experience is preferred)
- Database Developer
- SQL Server developer
- SQL Database developer
- Store Procedure Scripting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.