Our Major Financial Client is looking for a Senior Data Modeler.
This position involves working closely with project teams to understand business data requirements and provide data modeling subject matter expertise. The modeler will translate the requirements into logical and physical data models, and generate the DDL/JSON which will then be used to create and modify databases. Project work is done in Waterfall, Agile, and Modern Delivery, and includes traditional databases (i.e. DB2, Oracle) and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Data Lakes. Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently, independently and be self-motivated.
- You will need to be able to work concurrently, on multiple projects.
- Have a deep understanding of modeling theory and technologies.
- communication skills, you will be responsible for interfacing and working with multiple project teams across Freddie Mac.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university with coursework in Business, Information Technology, or Engineering.
- 8-10 years of data modeling and metadata management experience.
- Experience with both relational, dimensional, and NoSQL data modeling.
- Experience with data management standards and data model practices
- Experience with physical data structure design in DB2, UDB, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and/of MongoDB using ER/Studio DA or Erwin.
High Level Technical Skills
- Experience with query capabilities such as Visual Basic macro development and SQL.
- Experience using ClearCase, GIT, Remedy, ER/Studio DA
- Mortgage/finance industry data modeling experience.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders
- Thrives in an environment with changing priorities
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Able to navigate through a large corporate environment and ensure appropriate processes are met
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $55.99 - 59.06 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop logical and physical data models for Traditional Data Stores and NoSQL
- Ensure data objects adhere to defined Freddie Mac standards and best practices
- Baseline DDLs
- Develop, test, and implement scripts, programs, and related processes to collect, manage, and publish DEV and PROD metadata from data models
- Develop DDL implementation/back-out plans
- Promote data models into production metadata environments
- Support DDL PROD implementation
- Support post-production validation of DDL
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Erwin (8 years of experience is required)
- Data Warehouse
- SQL (10 years of experience is preferred)
- snowflake (7 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.