We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer
to be a member of the design and delivery team for a comprehensive enterprise security posture that aligns with the goals of the business. The incumbent will be responsible for executing the strategic direction set by the officer of Information Security while simultaneously securing enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing and testing security systems, preparing security standards policies, and procedures.
location: SOUTHINGTON, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for designing and building security solutions, security architectures, technical security standards, and technical security baselines. These may include but are not limited to NGFW, WAF, DLP, IAM, and cloud security controls.
- Assess current-state security controls, capabilities, and their effectiveness.
- Develop roadmaps for technical talent and procedural improvements.
- Awareness of the latest network & application security trends.
- Drive the technical architecture and implementations for security solutions while providing technical leadership and strategic direction for security functions.
- Coordinate with other InfoSec teams, Technology Services, DR/BCP, legal, Human Resources and other business groups while developing, implementing, and engineering security architectures and their solutions.
- Provide architecture & engineering oversight to all security incidents, processes and escalations to determine the root cause and extent of the incidents
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SECURITY ENGINEER
- FIREWALL ENGINEER
- Local Area
- Strong Communication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.