- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Selenium, Ranorex preferred
- Possess proven troubleshooting skills
- Experience with jUnit, nUnit, Jenkins preferred
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and self-motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Experience and understanding of basic automated manufacturing systems, tools and components (electrical and pneumatic control, sensors, metrology systems, PLCs) preferred.
- Experience developing using unit testing and test-driven development.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Experience with GAMP 5 and 21 CFR part 11 and developing in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Proficient with source control management repositories (such as GIT)
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
- High level of attention to detail is absolutely required.
- Experience with JAMA or ValGenesis
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing automation such as MES & SCADA/DCS preferred
- Experience with iterative development life cycle methodologies and application of those principles, especially Agile (Scrum) development practices
location: SAN DIEGO, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop and execute software verification test approaches for manufacturing equipment, automation and systems.
- Help drive the knowledge and adoption of test automation, DevOps best practices.
- Assist software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests.
- Assist in the definition, capture and documentation of user needs and system requirements.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating in a fast-paced team environment and delivering high-quality software products using established agile development methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.) against formal schedules.
- Utilize defect tracking and version control tools as an integral part of the software life cycle development process (such as Jira and Git).
- Utilize SQA skills to write and execute manual tests in accordance with the company's established SDLC methodology.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software testing technologies to system development efforts
- Work with software & engineering teams to ensure alignment of architecture and user requirements
- Provide technical leadership to project teams when required
- Occasionally provide technical assistance for escalated production issues
- Work collaboratively with external providers of automation and manufacturing equipment to ensure fit-for-purpose software that meets Factory of the Future and Illumina requirements.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.