The Global EHS Compliance Manager is responsible for complete ownership and oversight of compliance in all quality, environmental, health, safety, corporate, and customer requirements within each client ccupied region. This position is responsible for maintaining site certifications, assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics, the completion of required EHS training; liaising with 3rd party auditing firms, site security and creating a EHS culture that engages employees throughout the sites. While quality, environmental, health, and safety comprise at least 70% of this role, the remainder of the time can be expected to focus on operational and administrative duties.
location: Peabody, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Leads the incident investigation, non-conformity and corrective action procedures and program.
- Creates emergency response policies, activities, trainings, drills and coordinates with all shifts.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to our external provider and transporter qualification procedures.
- Identify internal resources and departmental stakeholders and hold them accountable to meet their compliance deadlines.
- Establishes and performs self-audits and compliance monitoring programs.
- Coordinates rollout of new or updated policies, directives, and standards as needed.
- Lead individual, departmental, and companywide EHS training sessions in accordance with the compliance standards.
- Liaise with external auditors on matters related to audits of the organization's internal controls.
- Maintains current working knowledge of Federal, State and local safety, environmental and occupational health regulations.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains the OSHA 300 Log for all locations and works closely with Human Resources on Incident Reporting, Worker's Compensation, etc.
- Manages the compliance budget and assesses productivity and cost effectiveness of the EHS function; develops projects to improve efficiency.
- Liaises with auditing body to coordinate annual audits as needed.
- Other special projects as assigned by management.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.