Randstad Technologies has a full time opportunity for a Windows Systems Engineer in San Antonio, TX.
Please see below for the required skills:
- Preferred bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent technology or engineering experience and education
- Three to Five years of experience in systems engineering functions including windows, server administration, enterprise storage and virtualization technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Software and associated server tools
- Prior experience with enterprise environments that include multiple site location
- Experience in designing solutions that are guided by and compliant with industry standard audit and compliance standards such as PCI and SSAE16
- Experience with EMC products
- A college degree or an equivalent combination of education, certificates, and work experience required.
- Must know have the fundamental knowledge of OSI Layer, TCP/IP, and VLAN's and layer protocols.
- Solid understanding of MS Exchange, Microsoft Server, MS SQL, Linux, Active Directory, Office 365, and Hyper-V.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop & Server OS, OSX, IOS & Android
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with telephony/VOIP.
- Solid knowledge of Meraki or other similar technologies over Wide Area Networks.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and stay up to date on the latest trends
- Demonstrated knowledge with scripting languages
- May need to travel occasionally to other business locations within the US
- ITIL knowledge
- MCSA or MCSE Certifications preferred
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $76,000 - 102,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Monitors the performance of assigned systems, including system upgrades, system documentation, daily administration, and problem resolution.
- Support the server infrastructure, including backup and recovery capability, enterprise storage solutions and enterprise email across all locations.
- Implement and support system backup strategies in support of defined Business Continuity Plans, client requirements, and industry standards.
- Serve as a primary escalation point for all issues involving windows operating systems, servers, components, applicable applications and performance. Identify, analyze and communicate recurring problems and develop remediation plans.
- Review and enhance documentation for troubleshooting and resolution procedures for all levels of support.
- Responsible for applicable systems and data security including development of appropriate reporting tools.
- Participate in project design and modeling activities, development, and cross-training of IT resources for successful long-term integration of technologies.
- In cloud computing, the IT Systems / Windows Engineer's responsibilities include hosting and maintaining the server system virtually. IT Systems / Windows Engineers are involved in the upkeep of the server to a cloud computing service such as Azure, AWS, and VMware.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Microsoft Server
- O365 Administration
- Microsoft Exchange
- enterprise storage
- Virtualization Technologies
- ITIL Knowledge
- Microsoft Engineering
- MS Windows Desktop/Server
- Wide Area Network
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.