If you're a Network Engineer and looking for an amazing new role then keep reading! This opening is a 3-6 month contract opportunity and for a client located in Portland, OR.
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) required
- Extensive technical knowledge of Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Access Networks to include:
- Experience designing and implementing converged networks which should include the following: IP, ATM, Frame Relay, Gigabit Ethernet, VoIP, and Wireless-based technology
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP and static routes
- strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN enterjprise networks
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential.
- Experience with one or more of the following models is desired:
- Cisco routers/switches, PIX Firewalls, Content Load Balancer and VPN
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Network Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.