Global Media/Entertainment organization's top news channel is seeking a Principal Product Designer for their Politics Digital Products team which builds products and user experiences that inform, connect and empower people to use their governments to improve their lives, communities and society. Their mission is to help the channel's visitors better understand how politics work and how what happens in Washington DC impacts their families and neighborhoods. The Principal Product Designer is an experienced product design lead who collaborates with Designers, Product Managers, Developers, Researchers, Content Strategists and Data Scientists to build and grow channel's Politics product experiences that help inform & engage our users and impact the bottom line. As a senior member of the Product Design team, you will have the opportunity to shape the channel's products, with a heavy emphasis on data visualization, customer acquisition and retention: You will drive user interviews, feature discovery, wireframes and usability testing. You will collaborate with talented members on a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers, editorial and other partners. You will partner with the product team to develop and drive design strategy and prototyping of direct-to-consumer politics features; registration and account management; and subscription services, with a strong emphasis on data visualization products. You will steer the holistic view of the product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies. The organization is currently working entirely remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Utilize qualitative research and quantitative data to identify the right problems to solve, and optimize experiences, and measure results.
- Transform complex problems and interactions into delightful, accessible experiences across platforms and devices.
- Lead collaborative workshops, design execution to create best practices for the product design team, and mentor fellow designers.
- Create workflows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize product features.
- Perform usability tests and draw insights to make informed recommendations.
- Consistently calibrating the user experience, leveraging data and prototypes to support user needs and business rationale.
- Collaborate with a wide range of cross-collaborative partners - products, engineering, editorial, research, and others.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Data API
- User Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.