Global Media and Entertainment Digital News Channel is seeking a Principal Product Designer who is responsible for creating industry-leading experiences enjoyed by millions of news audiences across the globe. The channel is driven by a shared commitment to put their users at the center of the experiences they build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. They believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product and technology to achieve user delight. The Principal Product Designer of the Digital Video Experience & Platforms team, is an experienced product design lead who collaborates with designers, product managers, developers, researchers, content strategists and data scientists to build and grow the channel's Digital VXP product experiences that help inform and engage their users.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead collaborative workshops, adopt best practices for the product design team, and mentor fellow designers.
- You will set the VXP product design vision, advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale, and establish a highly collaborative workflow.
- You will advocate for new ideas with the ability to execute UX and intuitive UI design.
- Consistently calibrate the user experience by leveraging data and prototypes to support user needs and business rationale.
- Employ user research and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them, and identify pain points.
- Ability to create multiple concepts and understand when to deploy the right level of design fidelity for the appropriate user validation approach.
- Steer the holistic view of the product suite through customer and technical integration points to provide a superior product experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- User Research
- A/B Multi-Variant
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.