job summary: Role/Environment:
Our client is looking for someone to join the team in a programmer/developer capacity. Will need experience with "legacy" or older technologies (BBx, ProvideX/Thoroughbred, etc.), as they transition/migrate towards more modern applications/technologies. Will work on both internal and external client projects. Must Have:
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of overall programming/development experience
- Experience w/ Business Basic (BBX, ProvideX/Thoroughbred) required
- Visual Basic experience would suffice as long as Unix/Linux requirement is fulfilled
- At least 2-3 years of Unix/Linux experience
- Advanced programming language experience (i.e. C#, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.)
location: WALLINGFORD, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Complies with requests for programming services by formulating, in conjunction with the requesting user and a systems analyst, a general plan for the request.
- Effectively resolves programming problems by conducting a thorough analysis of the system and employing appropriate debugging techniques.
- Seeks ways to expand job knowledge through formal education or informal learning.
- Performs related work as required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- UNIX (3 years of experience is required)
- BBX (3 years of experience is required)
- VISUAL BASIC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.