Sr. Data Analyst
The Senior Data Analyst role requires technical acumen for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and administering data-based systems and reporting capacities that acquire, prepare, store and provide access to data and metadata to end-users for monitoring of new products and processes which are designed to improve the patient experience and patient care.
In partnership with other Analytics team members, maintains and optimizes new and existing systems and migrates data and systems as needed. Ensures integrity and completeness of data and workflow, manages and/ or develops data practices, methods, databases, and information systems, as well as guidelines, dictionaries, registries and / or services. Requires certification in Epic Clarity.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Provide healthcare data subject matter expertise and consulting practice leadership with a goal to ensure data warehouse, infrastructure development, and reporting/ analytics successfully meet clinical and business requirements in partnership with team members. Ensure the representation and capturing of the Patient Experience and patient focus.
- Manage complex and iterative projects with the business experience to understand and communicate effectively with non-technical users. Projects involve relationships with a variety of teams, including Product and Project Managers, Physicians and frontline staff, Business Intelligence and IT, Patient Experience, Population Health Analytics, Decision Support Services, Clinical Systems, and Campus, as well as partnership with team members: forging and maintaining interest and excitement in partnerships across the continuum is critical.
- Data profiling and data characterization using statistics and data analytics to understand data and inform development of data infrastructure and reporting capacities to support clinical and operational requirements.
- Data model development using data science and analytic methods along with stakeholder requirements to inform data infrastructure projects on database designs that facilitate data usage, reduce data redundancy, and promote data governance standards.
- Capacity for expertise in data design/ capture/ recording/ reporting for new pilot work; serve as expert in data collection, management, monitoring, and reporting for individual new product/ intervention planning and execution.
- Develop data management and analytic/ reporting recommendations, standards, and best practices as well as governance technical project management.
- Provide expertise and drive initiatives for data sourcing, data profiling, and data management standardization and process development.
- Provide expertise and direct for data analytics, standardization, normalization, and optimization for reporting and monitoring of performance for pilot innovations.
- Data sourcing using data flow diagraming and data profiling to develop approaches and specifications for sourcing data into target data marts/ databases: includes ETL mapping, data modeling, data validation, in partnership with Analytic team members.
- Standardizing data infrastructure processes and approaches including ETL technologies and mapping standards, data modeling standards, data quality approaches and validation processes, data management for reference and master data, metadata management approaches and standards, in partnership with analytics team members
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SQL (4 years of experience is required)
- Epic Clarity (3 years of experience is required)
- Business Intelligence (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.