job summary: We have a long term consulting opportunity for a client of ours in Purchase, NY. We are seeking a detail-oriented Business Analyst (BA) to join a small, collegiate, innovative and impactful team. The role of this position will be focused on supporting the Information Security department's strategic initiative. The BA will have significant exposure to various levels of decision-makers in the organization while serving as critical link between Operations, Architecture, Governance, Change Management, Network Engineering, and outsourced operational teams.
location: PURCHASE, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Perform feasibility analysis, project scoping, and work with the project management team to prioritize deliverables and negotiate product functionality
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to gather project functional requirements and assess capability gaps
- Evaluate information from multiple sources and abstract-up details into high-level content
- Work independently with all IT Security team members.
- Assemble and manage data to support project delivery
- Gather, organize, analyze, and track end user issues and feedback related to testing of new technologies and processes
- Actively mitigate potential risks and socialize impacts in change management forums
- Develop and maintain end user documentation (procedures, quick reference guides, etc.) and training materials as needed
- Manage communications with stakeholders including IT and end users
- Practice SDLC standards and use PMO templates for recording information
- Act as direct liaison between teams to ascertain budgets, costs, and project benefits.
- Creates detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and process flows and translates them into functional specifications
- Bachelor's degree in technology, ideally with a concentration in Cybersecurity
- 3+ years of professional experience in analysis of business problems with a high degree of technical complexity
- Experience writing proof-of-concepts, business requirements, procedures, and technical diagrams required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, formulas, etc.), Visio, Word and PowerPoint required
- Ability to efficiently combine and analyze data sets from different sources required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Must be able to simultaneously work on multiple projects of varying size and complexity
- Must be able to adapt to and manage constantly changing priorities
- General understanding on Multi-factor authentication, NIST 800-53 / NIST 800-171 or other Cybersecurity control frameworks strongly desired
- Experience implementing Multi-factor authentication solutions desired but not required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.