The IT Location Services Support Technician is responsible for the daily activities of maintaining IT operations within the plant location. They will be responsible for the execution of projects and incident resolution utilizing standard company procedures and best practices.
location: Thomasville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 33 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Network/desktop support across the facility.
- Maintain and grow our culture of providing service and support.
- Responsible for site setup, user training, desktop maintenance and setup, server administration, moves, monitoring, troubleshooting hardware/software issues, installations, maintenance/support and documentation support requests and make recommendations for changes in process, training, software, etc. to improve delivery to the facility.
- Work closely with internal and external support teams to create workflows that enhance and streamline the customer support experience and establishing best practices.
- Ensures all issues are appropriately resolved, and appropriate corrective actions and/or escalations are in place to facilitate resolution. Escalates issues to IT Management team as needed to ensure timely customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and reviews documentation and checklists to ensure high quality of service thus maximizing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay up to date and current IT practices relevant to job responsibilities.
- Assists with IT planning as necessary.
- Expected to work closely across all IT disciplines and with all locations for problem resolution.
- Required to respond to after-hours/emergency support request as needed.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.