Our client is seeking an experienced Linux DevOps Engineer / Systems Admin for a permanent opportunity in Davis, California.
- Competitive salary offered, 401(k) match, and standard health benefits
- Equity upside potential in one of agtech's hottest startups
- Life in Davis, CA: a great place to buy a house and raise a family!
location: Davis, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Linux System Administration Experience - 7+ years experience
Linux Networking Experience
- Knowledge of Ethernet Routing, IPv4 vs IPv6, NAT
- Certificate management and setup
- SSH - public keys
- User/Group management
Knowledge of AWS basics
- IAM, S3, EC2, etc.
- How to document and make deployment to AWS easy
An understanding of the demands of working on a startup
- Lean operation - Scrappy when appropriate
- Creativity is the coin of the realm.
- Willingness to make mistakes and learn quickly.
An ability to build OS images for deployment across a fleet of devices
- Conceptual knowledge of debootstrap
- Experience with debian package management
- QEMU and cross-platform build management.
Set up hosts for test platforms, deployed systems, etc.
- Participate in configuration and commissioning of active systems
- Support developers by maintaining test infrastructure, local networks, etc.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Linux System Engineer
- Linux System Admin (7 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.