Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Software Engineer for a contract role in Hillsboro Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Hillsboro, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The application engineer on the DEE team will be responsible for design, support, development, and testing of internal employee-facing websites and web applications. The engineer will work with internal teams to collect requirements and develop web applications and sties using React.js & Vue.js. They will be using AWS tools to build service layers to allow for integration across applications, systems and, third-party integration.
- Design and development of technical solutions that meet the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards
- Apply principles of microservice architecture and domain driven design to develop restful APIs using Node.js.
- Build mobile first Front-End application in a manner visually and culturally consistent with our brand using React.js, Vue.js, and Redux.
- Maximize NoSQL data stores like DynamoDB, MongoDB to ensure data storage is designed for security, availability, maintainability and performance.
- Implement asynchronous services by using cloud services such ECS, S3, Lambdas and SQS, SNS for messaging.
- Use version control systems (GIT, Bitbucket), issue tracking tools (Jira) and CI/CD tools using Jenkins and Terraform.
- Ensure SLAs (Service Level Agreements) for different interfaces are met and also test them by executing performance tests using various loads.
- Create dashboards and reports for monitoring system health and early detection of issues using Splunk and New Relic.
- Adhere to principles of Scaled Agile and Scrum. Qualifications WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
5+ years in hands-on engineering or development of full stack software solutions
- Experience in developing End to End technical Architecture of very large-scale applications.
- Experience with both microservice and full stack architecture; solid understanding of SOA principles, API's etc.
- Ability to write robust, maintainable, and extendable code in Vue.js and React.js
- Experience with leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, GCP, JIE, etc.
- Experience in leading design and development on horizontally and highly scalable cloud-based architecture. AWS cloud infrastructure experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within sophisticated organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work collaboratively at all levels in matrix environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.