One of our Austin clients is looking to add an Enterprise Portfolio Manager to their growing team. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field. Master's degree desirable.
- 10 years of experience managing and successfully delivering mission critical projects.
- A track record of managing significant programs with multiple projects based on several of the following minimal parameters:
- $10,000,000+ in annual budget
- Labor expenditure stream of $1,000,000 per month
- 50+ staff at any given point in time
- Multiple vendors and/or subcontractors
- Geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Outsourced staff
- Offshore team management
- Experience in managing all phases of project and development life cycles, including successfully delivering end to end solutions.
- Significant experience and success in interfacing with C level executives, CEO, CFO, COO and CIO.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience in the internal operations and portfolio management of software organizations a plus.
- Experience with project and portfolio management tools (JIRA, RALLY, PPM, etc.)
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Define and manage processes around
- Initiative intake process
- Initiative sizing
- Team assignment
- Team commitments
- Status collection
- Status reporting
- Ensure visibility, reporting and management of dependencies between teams to ensure full initiative completion.
- Own visibility and reporting on software development initiative status and estimated time to completion to the larger organization.
- Own metrics and measures around found work, added scope, value delivered, commitments met and missed.
- Tool selection and implementation for automation of processes and reporting to larger organization.
- Work with Enterprise Agile Coach to ensure all processes and procedures are founded in Agile principles.
- Work with EPMO to drive visibility and escalations to ensure dependencies are met or mitigated.
- Generate and adapt processes to succeed in interim state as well as full code ownership.
- Maintain development roadmap/plan for all teams.
- Promote and understand readiness for development.
- Establish mission, vision and key practices for enterprise portfolio management.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Management
- Regulatory Affairs / Compliance
- Portfolio Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.