The Senior Desktop Engineer will participate in the overall design, installation and integration of IT Desktop Standards throughout the enterprise. They provide strong technical guidance in determining the enterprise's overall systems architecture with a core focus on the End User Device. May recommend strategies for building and maintaining the appropriate IT infrastructure that best supports our business
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead the development of Linux desktop standards, secure configuration, and implementation / ownership of management tools required to support Linux desktops and VDI instances.
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise configuration management tools such as SCCM, JAMF, or equivalent.
- Ideally would have experience with Windows 10, Mac iOS, and Linux Ubuntu operating systems.
- Has a deep knowledge of new IT End User Device technologies, ITIL based processes, and best practices, which include desktops, tablet, mobile, Cloud Architecture, networking, servers, storage, telephony and virtualization.
- Analyzes the business case for upgrading our existing infrastructure technologies or implementing a new infrastructure solution, develops recommendations for expanding existing technologies or for introducing new ones and may present the business case to our senior management and IT management.
- Performs technical evaluations and proof-of-concepts that often include collaboration with vendors.
- Oversees the design and review of technical architecture for complex multi-platform solutions.
- Develops and implements infrastructure security procedures throughout individual networks and infrastructure systems.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Linux System Engineer (10 years of experience is required)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Linux+
- iOS (5 years of experience is required)
- Windows 10 (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.