The Deskside Mac Technician is responsible for IMACs (Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes) and technical hardware/software support. In this position you will focus on solving customer IT issues and requests by supporting Macbooks, laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and printers. You will also be responsible for equipment moves, smart hands support, event support, and VIP support. Experience in all areas of Apple Devices is critical. This is a "hands-on" technical role that requires good people skills.
location: Belmont, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Analyze and resolve hardware/software problems onsite or remote operational mode
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of a comprehensive IT infrastructure with a focus on Mac OS and Microsoft Windows
- Removal and installation of hardware components and peripherals
- Installation of additional software manually and via deployment console
- User requests for technical advice and support
- Installation and customization of client equipment
- Provide concierge support to VIP/Executive personnel as needed
- Classification of technical queries and forwarded to relevant departments
- Documentation of customer inquiries
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
- Desktop Support (5 years of experience is required)
- macos (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.