- The QA Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, running, maintaining and documenting all types of test automation.
- This includes functional automation, performance testing, technical test automation and system administration duties for the team's test tools.
- This person will participate in the development of test automation strategies within the Quality Assurance Team.
- Works closely with QA Software Testers, IT software development and project teams to develop test automation strategies and create test automation that supports the delivery of high quality software.
- Participate in quality assurance testing for large-scale eCommerce web applications, tools, and software
- Support continuous integration process improvement and innovation
- Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development life cycle
- Troubleshoot critical defects in software coding
- 5-7 years of experience in testing, Test Automation and Software engineering
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems
- Solid understanding of software design principles for building Hybrid Test Frameworks using Selenium
- Software QA automation experience working with one or more of the following technologies: Java, Java Script, Python, PERL
- strong expertise of API/Web-services automation programming
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python)
- Experience working with databases, data processing, and analytic tools
- Expertise in Continuous integration process implementation by building CI/CD Pipeline using Jenkins
- Experience creating and identifying End to End functional test cases.
- Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Retail Domain Experience.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide testing effort of multiple medium to large scale projects
- Plan test schedules and drive execution activities and have consistently deliver product on time and with high quality.
- Provide clear visibility on plans, communicate issues/risks and progress to the team and leadership team to resolve quality issues on time and keep the project schedule on track.
- Go beyond test execution and participate in improving test processes, propose new ideas on how to improve customer satisfaction and quality of product.
- Drive test automation efforts using open source testing tools and implement test frameworks on web services.
- Participate in building and improving test automation tools utilized by the engineering team.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.