job summary: Job Description:
Patient Access Representative III secures and provides appropriate information to patient families and funding sources to register, schedule and/or obtain authorizations for inpatient, outpatient, and/or diagnostic services.
* Functional EPIC knowledge preferred
* bilingual preferred but not required
* Years of Experience: Minimum of 3 year work experience in health care setting and/or one year work experience in a specific department
General knowledge of managed care health plans; knowledge of scheduling, registration, billing and/or claims payment.
General knowledge of medical terminology or 6 months demonstrated work experience in a healthcare setting;
- Knowledge of basic functionality of personal computer
. - Demonstrated customer service skills to include ability to develop rapport with a variety of customers of all different socio-economic, cultural and economic groups both internally and externally.
- Ability to type and perform data entry functions at a level needed to maintain productivity standards of area/dept.
- Knowledge of insurance verification, authorization and eligibility requirements for health insurance carriers; EPIC knowledge; internet capability.
- bilingual Spanish/English
Education: - High School diploma or equivalent
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 18 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
Patient Access Representative III secures and provides appropriate information to patient families and funding sources to register, schedule and/or obtain authorizations for inpatient, outpatient, and/or diagnostic services. Experience
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.