job summary: Position Overview:
- This role will be responsible for creating and maintaining libraries of product support documentation and training for Google Health technologies, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to deliver all the tasks listed above, in addition to meeting the requirements below.
- 4+ years direct experience creating training documents meeting all of the same criteria below, in the form of slidesets and eLearning modules.
- Language: U.S. English Audience: Healthcare professionals and IT helpdesk, consumers Industry: Medical software or other healthcare segment.
- 4+ years direct experience writing and copy editing technical documentation meeting all of the following criteria:
- Documents maintained in a content management system such as Zendesk, Atlassian Confluence, Google Connect Composer Portfolio of written documentation and training decks.
- Experience creating technical graphics using image editing software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP.
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and balance multiple competing priorities. Ability to communicate clearly with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to recognize the big-picture implications of each assignment and participate fully in discussions that extend beyond day-to-day task completion.
- Desired2+ years experience organizing and optimizing a large corpus of documentation in a system for easy access and usability.
- Experience using page layout software to design printed materials like user manuals.
- Experience using eLearning authoring tools to create online learning modules.
- Understanding of professional norms and regulations in the field of healthcare
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Product Documentation and Training Specialist is responsible for maintaining and optimizing written documents, training, and other tools to help users of Google Health technologies. This role will collaborate closely with leaders from product, engineering, legal, and customer success teams. This role is responsible for ensuring materials are up to date, accurate, formatted according to established guidelines, and useful to multiple audiences across multiple channels. Top Responsibilities:
- Interview and work with Google Health subject matter experts to fully understand product functionality and top user issues.
- Write and copy-edit training and documentation, including materials for troubleshooting, product setup, how to use product features, emerging issues, announcements, and processes.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to review documentation and training, execute on feedback, and gain final sign-off.
- Create basic graphics to supplement written content.
- Input, organize, and optimize the corpus of documentation and training within a content management system.
- Manage workflow and track assigned tickets.
- Facilitate the localization process for documents (however, no direct translation required for this role).
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.