Seeking a Senior .Net Developer to work in the Scranton PA area. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of an innovative team, that is part of a much larger organization, with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies! Looking for individuals with a positive outlook and an aptitude for .Net, and a constant willingness to learn new innovative ways of solution solving.
We are looking for .NET developers interested in working for a dynamic, fast paced organization. You will create applications from scratch and modify existing systems. We follow an agile workflow with an emphasis on continual improvement and communication.
In this role, you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are also passionate about .NET and software design/architecture, we'd like to have a conversation with you.
Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software.
We follow an agile workflow with an emphasis on continual improvement and communication.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance experience is also preferred
- 5+ Years of proven experience as a .NET Developer
- Familiarity with design/architectural patterns (e.g. MVC, MVVM, etc.)
- Practical working knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL and HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (e.g. REST)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills- Attention to detail
location: Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000.00 - 99,999.98 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Write clean, scalable code using our current technology stack
- Participate and contribute to design, requirements engineering, scrum execution, and technical discussions
- Collaborate with internal teams and assist with software design and architecture
- Develop partnerships with business teams and other groups
- Demonstrate the ability to test and deploy applications and revise, update, debug, and refactor code
- Deliver the required capabilities per standards
- Enhance the software capabilities by continuous improvement and innovation
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- .NET (2 years of experience is required)
- Angular JS (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.