Quantitative Developer is a core software engineering role in our dynamic and fast-paced quantitative development team. You will be 'embedded' within the quantitative research team and you will partner with the investment teams on various projects including portfolio construction, risk management, and alpha research. You will contribute to build high quality, robust, and efficient analytical solutions that will be used to improve SAI's investment processes. You will be responsible for managing project backlog for the team and communicate the same with the partners. The Team
You work in Asset Management Technology supporting Strategic Advisers. Strategic Advisers, Inc. (SAI) is a fast growing fund of funds managed account business. One of SAI's core goals is to build customization at scale for our hundreds of thousands of clients. Over the next several years we expect quantitative development to play a very significant role by using technology to achieve our goals and therefore will offer immense growth opportunities for the quantitative development associates. The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in a quantitative or computational field such as Statistics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- 2 + years of experience in analytical models and working with investment professionals
The Value You Deliver
- Domain knowledge in either equities, fixed income or alternative asset classes
- Understanding of quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics - including probability, linear regression and time series data analysis
- Hands-on development of analytical solutions
- Full-stack software development knowledge.
- Technical and programming skills including R, Java, SQL and Linux.
- Intelligently apply advanced analytics and quantitative concepts to support investment needs and develop new solutions.
- Implement a research project through the entire software development lifecycle utilizing a full-stack implementation.
- Add scale, rigor, and repeatability to research through software development best practices.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Assist Research teams in developing new models and products that will provide an advantage to the organization in the marketplace
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.