job summary: Job Description:
Seeking a motivated individual that can work independently and with minimal supervision. The primary focus will be on performance testing of the application from end-to-end and service-based perspective. The ability to learn and implement new tools, languages and technologies will be essential as we improve our implementation of the Gatling based performance testing framework. Qualifications:
- Experience in one or more coding languages.
- Experience in REST API testing using code.
- Experience in multi-protocol test scripting (i.e. HTTP/HTML, API's, etc.).
- Experience in performance testing methodologies, creating performance test strategies and deriving workload models.
- Experience in performance test scripting and enhancements using Load Runner
- Experience in application performance monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana, AppDynamics, LogRocket, etc.
- Experience with CI / CD pipeline and release schedule.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Preferred experience with Gatling or JMeter.
- Preferred experience or knowledge of in Test Driven Development.
- Preferred experience or knowledge of in Jasmine, Selenium and Protractor.
- Preferred experience or knowledge of in Manual and Automated testing. Technologies:
- Testing Tools: VsCode, Gatling, PostMan
- Others: Jenkins, BitBucket, qTest, JIRA, OpenShift, Swagger, Confluence, Zoom
Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory SkillsTechnologies:
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $40.93 - 46.93 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyze User Stories to create service-based performance tests using Gatling (Scala).
- Create end-to-end performance test scripts using Load Runner and/or Gatling.
- Analyze performance test results and make improvement recommendations.
- Collaborate with team members to identify system bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with team members to discuss performance testing scope, NFRs and SLA. Additional Responsibilities:
- Participate in User Story creation, grooming, sizing and estimation.
- Consult with developers on software and system design to facilitate creating performance tests.
- Work with scrum teams to establish and promote best practices, standards and processes for performance testing.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve open issues, discrepancies, clarifications, risks and conflicts.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Load Runner
- Performance Tester
- Performance Testing
- REST API
- Test Driven Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.