Sr. Ruby Developer
Operations Development / Automation Team
Current suite of tools in continuous development include but not limited to:
- Custom command line applications for deployment and infrastructure management. (Ruby)
- Custom web based deployment and management portal. (Ruby)
- Custom monitoring portal(s) (PHP / Ruby)
We are currently looking for a Sr. Ruby Developer to work on and lead our current and future infrastructure tools. The goal of our Deployment and Infrastructure Automation projects are to provide zero downtime deployments of all Applications in the fastest, safest, and most repeatable way for our Customers and the website. These projects depend heavily on Ruby in an environment that doesn't use Rails or ActiveSupport for Process Orchestrations.
location: Richfield, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $57 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Software and API Development and Design
- Working in Simi-Paired Programming Environment
- Unit testing and QA
- Deployments / Releases of own tools
- Work with infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Kitchen, and Fog.
- Learning and keeping up with latest trends in automation patterns and practices. What would a normal day for this position look like??
- Heads down doing developing and design.
- Collaboratively working with, reporting to, and taking direction from current Sr. Ruby Developer
- Status update meetings What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
1. Experienced Ruby Ninja - Writing ruby without the need of Rails or ActiveSupport dependencies.
2. 7+ Years Professional Ruby Developer Experience or Equivalent Development Experience.
3. strong Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
4. strong Knowledge of MVC Architectural Patterns.
5. strong Knowledge of working with and creating web services.
6. strong Knowledge of Client / Server Communications
7. strong Knowledge of Concurrent and Parallel programing concepts.
8. Experience with Automating one or more of the following: OpenStack, Openshift, AWS, or other Cloud Providers
9. Understanding of Deployment Automation concepts and patterns
10. Continuous Integration concepts and patterns What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
1. Frontend Development with AngularJS and TypeScript (Bonus)
2. Experience with Fog gem (Bonus)
3. Experience with Message Queuing Technologies - (Bonus)
4. Chef or Puppet (Bonus)
6. Ability to Listen
7. Ability to offer ideas on technical direction
8. Team Player
9. Desire to contribute to overall direction of project
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Ruby (7 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.