With moderate guidance the software engineer, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications, programs and/or processes that are moderately complex.
Rooted in the downtown landscape since 1929, this client knows what it means to stay viable in the marketplace. That is why the organization is in the midst of a transformation-reinventing the way we serve our customers. We are growing and are looking for dynamic individuals who are ready to share their talents and ideas with us.
location: DES MOINES, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Analyzes and validates moderately complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Develops and implements new programs and/or modifications of existing applications. Responsible for the design, prototyping and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the development of test plans and program specifications.
- Analyzes user requirements in support of assigned systems, processes and procedures to maintain operational efficiency of existing systems and processes, and monitoring and reviewing system performance and procedures.
- Performs installation, upgrades, maintenance and customization to assigned system software to provide system software functionality by using vendor provided and general purpose software tools.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements moderately complex software applications or change management programs according to standards.
- Implements modifications into a production environment to ensure modifications are usable and available
- Documents programs, processes and procedures, and communicates changes to appropriate parties to maintain operational efficiency by writing memos and creating documents according to Department standards.
- Uses a test environment and test cases that simulate the production environment. Performs testing of new and modified systems to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Performs all aspects of applications, systems, programs and/or processes programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
- Evaluates and provides technical solutions for moderately complex problems with applications, systems, programs and/or processes
- Some positions may execute functions to ensure software changes are implemented accurately on scheduled dates and implementing steps to resolve any problems that occur by using specific systems and procedures.
- Some positions may assist with the implementation of applications through Change Management processes and software to ensure integrity of software changes and to meet Company operational objectives by providing consulting and technical assistance as needed.
- Identifies methods of improving existing computer system capabilities to automate business processing by analyzing user requirements, existing procedures, and system problems.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- web development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.