Provides technical/production support and expertise for critical infrastructure services to cleint's business functions and mission critical financial applications. It supports an enterprise multi-platform environment that requires disciplines following ITIL methodologies. The technical discipline includes UNIX, Linux and associated infrastructure management and security software, tools and utilities. Performs production support tasks including health check, hardware and software maintenance, configurations, and troubleshooting. Experienced level position requires developing career in field and gaining knowledge of industry practices. Requires moderate level of experience and proficiency in field.
- Previous experience (2-3yrs) VIOS administration, configuration, upgrades, migrations, and patching.
- Previous experience (5+yrs) AIX Enterprise Edition administration, configuration, upgrades, migrations, and patching.
- Understands Shell Scripting concepts and can provide examples.
- Successful administration & configuration of GPFS & PowerHA environments.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Progressive knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area.
- General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies.
- Familiar with Tivoli Storage and Oracle RAC is a plus.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1) Under general supervision maintains the integrity of distributed Operating Systems Support.
2) Performs moderate level infrastructure support tasks, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting and provides resolution of problem tickets.
3) Implements upgrades and patches. Recommends and remediates problems and vulnerabilities to meet customer needs and maintain a stable environment.
4) Works with clients and senior engineers to document/implement storage and backup requests or revisions. Practices change control and applies strict adherence to FRIT change control policy and follows all change guidelines.
5) Engages in infrastructure review and operational readiness activities to ensure solutions are production ready.
6) Plan, coordinate AIX OS and firmware maintenance.
7) Firmware upgrades and install AIX OS patches
8) Participate in disaster recovery exercise
9) Participates in the on-call rotation
10) Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- System Admin
- Linux System Admin
- AIX Enterprise
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.