Sr. Software Engineer
Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Sr. Software Engineer for a contract to hire role in Hillsboro Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Hillsboro, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 86 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Senior Software Engineer
As a senior engineer on the At Once team in the .net B2B eCommerce area of Global Technology: Partner and Marketplace Engineering, this role will involve providing technical and thought leadership to a team building high-performing web applications. Our team is a highly productive, Agile, eCommerce team, we are looking for experienced candidates who thrive in this type of environment.
Working from diverse candidate pools of highly skilled software engineers, the applicant will be submitted to become part of our team and join us as we level up our engineering practice to deliver new and exciting marketplace solutions for B2B eCommerce.
The role on the team will include:
- Participate in the design and development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards, and effectively integrates solutions delivered with adjacent and tertiary solutions/technologies.
- Independently identifies, defines, directs, and/or performs analysis to resolve complex, issues in their area(s) of expertise.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging, and installing for a variety of systems.
- Ensures the effective performance of assigned product(s) and their integration with adjacent solutions/technologies.
- Develops working knowledge of tertiary domains.
- Helps define the scope of sprints.
- Contributes to the vision for technical solutioning.
- Supports mentoring and developing the capabilities of peers.
- Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams
- Conducts diagnoses of business problems, working with colleagues in the business to define the scope of the solution and desired outcomes.
- Functions independently with limited work direction.
What We're Looking For:
- Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technology field and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience required (Experience beyond 5 years may be accepted in lieu of degree, to be evaluated on a case by case basis).
- 5+ years' experience with Java development required
- Experience designing solutions in collaboration with Architecture and the Development team
- Agile experience required
- Experience with Devops practices required
- Expert knowledge of Java and Spring (Boot / MVC) Framework preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of RDS databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres as well as experience with NoSQL data stores such Document DB, Cassandra and DynamoDB
- Experience working with Cloud technologies required, AWS preferred (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, CloudFormation, Lambda, EKS)
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and CI/CD tools tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Elastic Beanstalk, Fargate, Jenkins, CircleCI, GoCD required
- Familiarity with other technologies such as NodeJS, Python, Ruby, etc. a plus
- Experience building and maintaining eCommerce sites preferred
- Experience working with Analysts and Product Owners to provide technical feedback during story intake and creation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High motivation and passion to work in a fast, agile environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.