Looking for a Business Analyst that is able to Interface with customers to understand user business processes and gather their functional requirements needed to configure and customize their new Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). Document system processes and procedures for customer requirements and functionality needs. Working either independently or with other members of the Professional Services team, to analyze and resolve technical project issues, surrounding functional and design requirements. Mentor other business analysts, manage and enhance enterprise templates for requirements collections, improve knowledge management system by contributing to KB, creating/modifying best practices.
location: Somerset, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Generate consulting revenue coupled with the requirements of ensuring that each system configuration is delivered with a high degree of quality and within the required timeframe.
- Developing and implementing appropriate methods for capturing and documenting customer business requirements for system development, third party software integrations and external database interfaces.
- Conducting and facilitating customer workshops for information gathering.
- Collaborating with Application Designer and Application Programmers to implement customer's solutions.
- Preparation of functional requirements specification (FRS).
- Ensure that proposed FRS and corresponding design is line with the number of consulting days that have been ordered by the customer for this engagement.
- Collaborating with Project Management on project issues, concerns, schedules of deliveries and completion estimates.
- Provide day-to-day contact for the customer during the implementation.
- Orchestrate system reviews and gather feedback from the customer on required changes.
- Provide input to the Project Manager on any change orders that may be requested by the customer.
- Execute the Acceptance Test Plan (ATP) with the customer, and document all exceptions, and coordinate a resolution plan with the designer/application programmers.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that the developed configuration is handed off to the LabVantage Support Team.
- Mentor other business analysts by providing guidance in requirements collection and documentation
- Own, create and enhance enterprise templates for requirements collection and best practices for requirements management
- Improve Knowledge management system by contributing to knowledge base and creating/updating best practices
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- LIMS (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Business Analysis (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Pharmaceutical (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Requirement Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- ATP (1 year of experience is preferred)
- functional requirements specif (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.