job summary: Concept Artist needed for Contract Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
Candidates will have a proven track record in creating high-quality artwork in a broad range of styles and finish levels, from storyboards and sketches to polished color concept work. Candidates are confident in programs like Photoshop and Illustrator and versed in Animate/Flash, or equivalent programs, as well as knowledge of current visualization processes and techniques. This individual is expected to bring creativity, efficient communication and high impact to the visual design process and to collaborate effectively with development team members. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of popular trends in entertainment and graphic design across several target audiences. Some fluency with 3D tools is considered a bonus.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- strong Expert knowledge in Photoshop.
- A strong foundation in traditional media
- Passion for pushing the visual direction while also supporting the needs of the team
- Experience playing Minecraft extensively.
- 3+ years working in production as a concept artist for video games.
- AA/BFA preferred, or can demonstrate through portfolio an industry standard level of art
- A strong portfolio featuring digital and traditional media. The portfolio must include both professional work and personal work showing work from sketch work to polished pieces.
- A Firm grasp of using color and lighting techniques to create mood, definition, atmosphere and depth.
- Examples of design and rendering of both architectural and organic spaces, interior and exterior environments
- 2D animation skills
- Illustrator knowledge for visualization purposes
- After Effects Experience, specifically motion graphics skills
- Files for resource packs created for Pixel Art Games
PORTFOLIO MUST INCLUDE:
- Examples of concepts you have visualized
- Examples of 2D pixel art \ UI art
- Examples of Pixel Art
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with Art Director and experience designers to create all levels of conceptualization in 2d art and product visualizations.
- Maintain consistency of the appropriate style across a project, under the direction of the Art Director
- Primarily responsible for providing UI mockups, design sketches, and detailed concept drawings of new scenarios to be implemented by our team of game artists.
- Primarily responsible for rendering detailed scenic/environmental drawings and/or digital paintings in 2D, sometimes based on primitive 3D geometry provided by designers and artists, sometimes based off builds or even photographs... there is a wide variety of work.
- Secondarily responsible for supporting other teams with story boards and other forms of visualizations.
- Secondarily responsible for the creation of final assets for use in the product and user interface
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.