job summary: The Role
We are looking to hire a UX Research Assistant for up to a 12 month contract. As a Research Assistant, you will be working in close collaboration with UX researchers and designers on the team. Day to day activities will include a combination of usability studies and foundational research projects under the guidance of the research area leads. You will be responsible for research from planning to insights delivery. As part of the role, you will be involved in research with customers and internal experts, working alongside experienced researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
This role will require familiarity with best practices for common research methods including: interviewing, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, surveys, card sorts, etc. Responsibilities:
- Preparing and coordinating user research activities.
- Planning, observing and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Taking notes during study sessions.
- Analyzing qualitative data.
- At least 3-5+ years of experience in preparing and coordinating user research activities (planning, observing and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews; analyzing data; and conducting surveys)
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Sciences, or a related field.
- Comfortable working in a highly technical domain; without being an expert.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- strong oral and written communication skills. - Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and adapt to changes.
- Ability to learn quickly and comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conducting surveys.
- Communicating findings from the study to the team.
- Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks, etc.).
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.