The Identity and Access Manager's role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Identity and Access Management program. This is an active, hands-on position, responsible for the planning, design, development, and the support of the identity and access management function and all its components. Team responsibilities include: provisioning of user accounts for onboarding employees and requested non-employees; processing of changes to account security requirements as approved by management; assistance to users as required; maintenance of security infrastructure, including software and user directories; processing of user terminations; reporting on provisioning activities; automation of provisioning; multifactor authentication.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage and lead the identity and access management function, ensuring prompt, efficient, and accurate resolution of identity and access matters.
- Involvement in projects as needed as determined by the scope and related to the job function.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning of user and service account
- Centralization of user access maintenance.
- Creation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and internal control documentation required for user provisioning and deprovisioning.
- Ensures access is provisioned and deprovisioned timely and accurately.
- Perform other information security job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages and monitors systems associated with Identity and Access management solutions; provides incident and problem management support.
- Proactively works with technology and product managers to identify potential issues and ensures effective remediation
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Lead the architecture and design of identity solutions for the Cloud enterprise applications
- Create and execute on a strategic multi-year roadmap for IAM, including governance and oversight
- Acquire and manage the necessary resources to support all IAM functions, including leadership support, financial resources, and key security personnel, to support Information Security (IS) goals, and reduce overall organizational risk.
- Advise senior management on IAM-related risks and security posture.
- Align IAM security priorities with the organization's security strategy informed by current understanding of what IAM leaders are doing across the healthcare industry.
- Represent IAM services and strategies to key influencers and stakeholders across IT and business teams to ensure maximum effectiveness of the IAM program.
- Plan and manage IAM budgets and forecasts, as well as reporting dashboards that align with service delivery guidelines.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) (5 years of experience is required)
- Centrify (1 year of experience is preferred)
- CyberArc (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.